Now that I’ve become accustomed (somewhat) to some of the technology used in advertising and public relations, here’s a look at some jobs I wouldn’t mind applying for (some right away, some may take some more experience):
Content Marketing Specialist – Venture Creations
2-4 year’s experience in digital/social media marketing, advertising or other related fields
Experience with PPC advertising using Google and Facebook platforms specifically
Proficient in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator preferred
Digital Content Specialist – X-Rite
1-3 years’ experience in Digital Marketing or Marketing Communications
Experience with website content management systems, e-commerce platforms (e.g. Sitecore, Adobe, Drupal, Magento), and analytics tools (Google Analytics, Omniture, Conductor, Domo)
Color specification, graphics, printing or packaging industry experience
HTML and CSS
Digital Marketing Director – Grey Matter Group
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience leading Digital marketing teams
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their respective user types (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc. and how they are deployed in different scenarios
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Social Media analytics, Social Listening, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Experience in setting up and optimizing social media advertising campaigns including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram
- Experience project managing web site development preferred. Demonstrated experience leading web development teams helpful
Sr. Marketing Associate – Trendway Corporation
- Web experience
- Social Media
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software plus some familiarity with InDesign creative software.
Digital & eCommerce Analyst – Wolverine Worldwide
- Experience with web analytics software (preferably Omniture but also Core Metrics or Google Analytics).
- Computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint
There were a few other jobs that perked my attention. Probably the one that caught my attention the most was Digital Marketing Rockstar for DealerOn, Inc. Now, I don’t know about you, but just to have Rockstar in your job title speaks for itself…this is a must have job, people.
Another piece that I noticed was that, using LinkedIn, it tells me how many alums of GVSU work for this company that have a LinkedIn account. There were multiple jobs that said that other GVSU alums worked there, and this would be a plus for me in the networking world. However, when looking at the description for the Wolverine Worldwide position, there were 127 other GVSU alums that work there, just that had a LinkedIn account. This I actually found to be quite astonishing.
Featured image retrieved from http://www.lloydstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/interviewer.jpg